Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Week 36: Furniture, bedding and thank yous

Week 36 - the last week before we are considered full-term! Baby is about the size of a crenshaw melon (I've never heard of one either but I found a picture!).


This week we had a doctor's appointment that went great. Baby's size and heartbeat are great. My blood pressure and weight were the same as the week before so those are doing well too. One more piece of good news is that I tested negative for Group b Strep.


My favorite part of week 36 was probably Owen's least as he spent the entire weekend in the garage working on the monumental task of stripping, sanding, repairing and repainting my old baby furniture for Cooper. Who am I kidding? He loved every second of this manly project!
Owen's garage paint booth

Stripped, sanded and repaired dresser

Painted dresser

Unsightly injury on Owen's side from the saw kicking back a piece of wood. eek!

Meanwhile, since it's hard for me to stay standing for more than 10-15 minutes at a time, I spent much of Saturday sunbathing and writing thank you notes.



I also spent some time doing a little online shopping for the last of our necessities (and wants). The wants included some cute brown and white polka dot letters for Cooper's name over the crib. I may attach and hang the letters with some kraft twine and an orange ribbon to bring in that color element from the bird vinyls to the name plate.
And after months and months of looking at bedding sets I finally found this set at Target and decided to snatch it up. I especially like the stripe detail on the inside of the bumper.  
Because of the stripes on the bumper I chose this striped changing pad cover from Target as well.
Next week I'm hoping to get the furniture in the room and finish organizing to put us one step closer to being ready for Cooper to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment