Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Week 34: The Whitharral Shower

Week 34 baby:

Baby is about 4 3/4 pounds this week, about the size of a cantaloupe.



And according to babycenter.com he is about 18.5 inches long.


This week we had our Whitharral Baby Shower. It felt a little like going to a family reunion - so many friends and faces we haven't seen in quite a while!



Note: This post may start a little bare as I still need to gather photos from everyone (I was so busy I didn't take one with my own camera!).



My hostesses were wonderful and put together an adorable shower. Thanks to the following lovely ladies:  Nancy, Jolanna, Kelly, Carla, Linda, Karol, Angie, Cathy, Teri, Julie and Gayle

{insert beautiful group shot here}

The decorations for the cakes matched the nursery design perfectly! Very clever.

{insert shot of the yummy cake and diaper cake here}

When it was time to open presents I felt a little guilty! I haven't seen some of these friends in years and years and here I was coming in a swooping up a half room full of presents. But it was soon clear that time plays no role in friendships... so, shall we open presents? 

My wonderful hostesses got me my stroller and car seat travel system from Eddie Bauer which we adore... and, of course picked out to match the new Acadia
and my Grandma Bigspring got us the matching playyard!

and mom got us the matching high chair!



One of my very favorite gifts was brought by Owen's mom. The card said the gift was from Great, great Jemma Boddy which is Owen's great grandmother that passed away years ago. I then saw with the card a baby picture of Owen and his dad with a sweet blue blanket. Then I saw it... the blanket from the photo. I broke down in tears in front of everyone... and Stacia did too (and she isn't a softy like me!).

{insert baby blanket photo here}

Another unique gift was from my sister and her fiance and was made by Bearly Making It - Angie & Cameron Dockery. They commissioned a custom chainsaw carving of our dachshunds, Calvin & Hobbes with a cute sign that said Owen, Kande & Cooper. Awwww. What a thoughtful gift!

{insert super cute shot of the doxie carving here}

The shower was wonderful and helped us to just about have everything (and more) that we needed and wanted for our bundle of joy! 


Thank you to all of our family and friends for all of the wonderful gifts at the shower: Brenda & Kirk Layton, Shirley Grant, Kay Goad, Rosetta Polk, Marianne & Linda Dobrovolny, Sue & Don McMillon, Allison Branch, Grandma Big Spring, Dorothy Douglas, Jimmie Wade & Sharon Hook, Joli Dockery, Nancy & David Hein, Justin, Summer & Ryder Stracener, Jerry Vinson, Barbara Grant, the Payne Gang, Grandma Madera, Patti Ratliff & Joli Gray, Lou Ann Ellison, Ken & Melanie Hoskins, Jamie, Will & Rylee Hoskins, Larry & Paula Wade, Donna Wheeler, Cyndy Kristinek, Tommy, Monica, & kids Staggs, Bobbye Pylant, Fredda Kristinek, Danny & Tressa Dukatnik, Chelsea & Jason Dobrovolny, Crystal & Wayne Riggins, Stacia Dukatnik & Trenton Priddy, Sue Ann, Nancy Paris, Jolanna Martin, Kelly Baker, Carla Kristinek, Karol Albus, Angie Dockery, Cathy Stracener, Teri Morris, Julie Polk and Gayle Branch.

Next week we'll be working to organize all of the gifts and then we have our birthing class all day on Saturday. We look forward to updating you on week 35 then!

No comments:

Post a Comment