- He truly is the best baby. Extremely mellow and very sweet and happy.
- Smiles a lot - when eating, when tickled, kissed, sang to or smiled at
- His feet are ticklish
- He loves to be sang to
- He eats like a horse and is getting chunkier by the day to prove it!
- He typically gets up only 1 time a night. Once he eats he falls right back to sleep.
- He doesn't really cry but every once in a while he'll do trembly-frowny-lip and it's heartbreaking
- He has an adoring and very protective big brother
Thursday, March 21, 2013
Spencer's 3 month update:
Friday, March 8, 2013
Cooper turned 2 years old and Spencer turned 2 months old just a day apart! Here's what our boys are up to:
- He smiles, big, sweet smiles on purpose. If you smile down at him he'll smile back up and when they're really big he coos too.
- He loves his playmat - he smiles and gets very excited at the moving birds and music.
- He's a great sleeper. He's already sleeping about 8 hours straight - typically he goes to bed at 9pm and doesn't wake to eat until about 5a or even 6a and then will fall back asleep until 8a or 9a.
- Hates the pacifier. I should be glad but that sucker really comes in handy in the first year and he just refuses all models!
- Still on 100% mommy's milk which I'm proud of because... it's hard work! He does both nurse and take pumped milk from a bottle - thank goodness because this baby seriously eats all the time and about 30 ounces during the day.
- He's a very mellow baby - he hardly cries and if he does it's only for food.
- He has a lot of body strength already! He'll be in the jumper pretty early on.
- He's learning new words and putting together new 2-3 sentences everyday. Right now his most used are "that one," "there it is," "milk please," "bye bye dada," "it's okay baby," "where's the baby?," "where'd the baby go?"
- His favorite things in order are: trains, Winnie the Pooh (especially "e-awh' or Eeyore), any other transportation, balls, rocks/sticks/mud.
- He likes the baby an awful lot! He is very protective and always wants to make sure that he can see him at all times.
- He loves to run - he'll often run laps in the house, always wants to play chase and unfortunately takes off in a sprint at any given time.
- He's very sweet and polite. He'll give big bye-byes, hugs and kisses and always says please and thank you.
- He can be quite the little turkey too - especially when tired or thirsty . He has such a personality and is very extroverted with his feelings.
- His fav foods are: ravioli, corn on the cob, beans, dry waffles, cheese sticks and he likes to drink milk.
- He still loves his crib so we're not going to move him into a toddler bed until he's ready.
Thursday, January 10, 2013
Spencer's nursery is not 100% complete but I decided to go ahead and post a few pics because... when are you ever really finished with a room? The nursery has a simple yellow and gray scheme with a chevron theme and elephant accents. The elephants are a nod to the family vacation to a Thailand elephant farm while I was 7 months pregnant with Spencer. The room is made up of many handmade elements and was put together with a lot of love!
|FULL ROOM VIEW|
I plan to add several additional elements including custom wood letters over the crib with Spencer's name, a "You are my sunshine" canvas print, yellow bedding and a circular, yellow rug.
|These canvas bins have unlimited uses and when our MeWha dresser arrived a little shorter than anticipated these added just the right height and fit perfectly inside the lip on the roof of the hutch.|
|This dresser doubles as a changing table and perfectly fits the changing pad inside the lip on the roof of the piece. The elephant lamp was also purchased in Thailand.|
|My amazing friend, Karen made this pillow for Spencer with fabrics from Korea's Happy Quilt.|
|My sweet friend from Camp Humphrey's made this baby blanket for Spencer in his nursery's signature chevron print. Gorgeous!|
|These white shelves display a few keepsakes including elephants and a Nambi silver cup sent by Spencer's Great Uncle Ed.|
|A nursery wouldn't be complete with a bunch of stuffed animals!|
|And the nursery's crown jewel.|
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Today is New Year's Day in Korea and I suppose a very good day to get started on my resolution - to blog more.
And I couldn't think of a better topic to re-start with than the birth of our second baby boy. So without further adieu .. we're thrilled to introduce Spencer Duke Hein!
Born on December 21st at 8:14am in Seoul, Korea at the Brian Allgood Army Hospital. Weighing 8 pounds and 5.2 ounces and measuring 19.5 inches long.
|This pic was taken by one of the OR nurses only about 10 minutes after Spencer was born. I was still on the operating table.|
|Another photo that I didn't get to see until much later - Spencer's first bath. I was still in recovery at this point but Owen was with him the entire time.|
|Cooper took to Spencer very quickly. This was the very first shots of Cooper getting to hold his new baby brother and he's very excited!|
|Cooper giving Spencer baby brother kisses. Heartbreakingly sweet.|
|Spencer and his daddy.|
Spencer's middle name is short for my maiden name - Dukatnik. My big brother went by Duke in the Army and my dad even had a band called the Duke Brother's growing up. Cooper's middle name is a family named passed down on Owen's side so we wanted Cooper to have that connection on my side. Plus, Duke is just cool.
Friday, November 9, 2012
Sunday, August 26, 2012
About 2 minutes into our trip, before we even got off base we had a flat tire so we took a left instead of a right turn to the Auto Hobby shop and they had us jacked in the air fixing the tire in no time. The best part is all 4 kids sat in the back watching a movie while we were in the air - getting a tire fixed has never been easier - oh, and there was no charge!
Dinos & Rocks:
|T-Rex head - always a popular exhibit!|
|The large cat bones - these were absolutely enormous!|
|More big dino bones.|
|Entry into the rock exhibit.|
|Hydrogen Fuel Cell Car.|
|Robot Fish Tank and Robot Exhibit.|
Space & Air:
|Korean jet - Cooper loved this area - kept staring at the planes, he's his daddy's son!|
|LEM (Lunar Excursion Model) & Rover.|
|Cooper's favorite part of the museum - playing with gears, pullies and levers with Rachel and Rowan.|
|Another part of the interactive kid's zone with handwritten notes from Korean children.|